Sunday, February 23, 2020

5 Things I Love In Nashville Right Now



I'm still a little bit surprised that I live in Nashville. With a few exceptions, I've spent most of my life in small towns. Although I wanted to move to Nashville, my husband and I weren't entirely sure how I'd feel about living somewhere this large. Luckily, it turns out that I do love living here!

We've been in Nashville for almost a year. I still feel like there are so many awesome things here that we haven't gotten to experience yet. But, I wanted to share a few of my current favorites.

1. Pins Mechanical


Who wouldn't want to spend an evening bowling, playing arcade games, and having a drink or two? This place is perfect for a group outing or for a date night. I loved it the moment that I walked in. The wait for duckpins bowling can take some time, so sign up as soon as you get there. Even if you aren't normally a fan of bowing, I find duckpins to be much easier - the lane is shorter, the ball is smaller, and you don't have to wear bowling shoes.

When you need a break from all of the activities, you can grab a drink and head upstairs. You can spend several minutes looking at all the fun going on below, and then spend some time chatting with friends.



2. L & L Marketplace


We've been watching construction work go on at the former factory for months. Now that all the spaces are finished, it was definitely worth the wait. Anywhere that you can stop in for donuts, milkshakes, flowers, and shopping is going to be a great place. So far, I've been repeatedly getting donuts from 5 Daughters Bakery. We haven't tried Gracie's Milkshake Bar yet, but it has the cutest set-up. L & L Marketplace is the perfect place to go on a day when the weather is less than inviting outside.




3. Headquarters Coffee and Tea


If you aren't looking carefully, you can pass right by this adorable coffee shop in West Nashville without even noticing. This is the coziest coffee shop that I've every been to (and it happens to be located right across from the library which is another point in its favor). Even though I don't drink coffee, I'm never disappointed in what I get here. If you're lucky, you can grab one of the few seats inside. If not, wandering this portion of Charlotte with a warm cup of coffee is a great use of a mid-morning or afternoon break.




4. Five Points Pizza


Is there anything better than a slice of good pizza? You can totally get an entire pizza here, but my advice is to stop by during the week for the lunch special. The prosciutto and basil slice will have you dreaming about pizza for the rest of the week.

You can eat in the restaurant or do carry-out. When my husband is away for whatever reason, I like to pick up a couple of slices to take home and share with absolutely no one. It's that good.




5. Nashville Greenways


I was worried that I wouldn't like living in a city because I like to spend a lot of time outdoors, but thankfully that hasn't been a problem here. Nashville has an abundance of public spaces. There are almost 100 miles of paved trails to explore. Right now, I've only been to the one near where we live, but I am hoping to go to more of the greenways during this year. I love the chance to be outside and be active, and it doesn't hurt that everyone seems to bring their dogs to walk so I get to look at all the cute puppies.


I'm already looking forward to the time that I'll get to spend exploring Nashville this summer! You can follow along on instagram or you can come hang out and explore for yourself.


2 comments:

  1. You just gave me a strong incentive to visit with all the cute and delicious food pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slice of pizza looks so scrumptious. It's good to know that Nashville has so many great places to eat and drink. Thanks for sharing on #farawayfiles

    ReplyDelete